Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Keeping both hands warm

Ha! I love it! What a bizarre way to go green! Hopefully there will be more and more of these types of initiatives popping up after yesterday's talk about not waiting for governments to save us. Although much as I tried to convince myself that it's not only good for minimising waste, but for rocking some recessionista couture too, I just can't. The combinations are hideous. Saving the little hand-knitted glove with reindeer prints (as only the Brits can do so well - I give you Mark Darcy's jersery in Bridget Jones) for pairing with an even uglier felt number in a clashing colour is really pushing the environmental movement back into the smelly hippy corner from whence it came! Perhaps Topshop or H&M will come to the rescue.

In the meantime, I'm happy to live in a climate where the only way this would work would be to pair unmatched flip-flops. And I have a small mountain of those to offer up...

No comments:

Post a Comment